Planning Your Tummy Tuck Surgery
Getting a tummy tuck requires a lot of planning and prep. Plastic surgery isn’t a decision to rush into. You’ll want to take your time to make sure you have a good experience and beautiful results.
If you’re thinking about a tummy tuck, let’s start planning together. Learning about your options isn’t a commitment; it’s merely an opportunity to find out if a tummy tuck is right for you. If you’re unsure of your next step toward a flatter tummy, this guide will help you navigate some of the essential planning stages for your surgery.
Find a Plastic Surgeon You Trust
Choosing a surgeon is the most pivotal decision you’ll make as you plan your tummy tuck. Skill levels among surgeons vary significantly.
Look for these qualifications as you seek out potential surgeons:
- Board-certified in plastic surgery
- Performs your desired procedure often
- Performs surgery in a fully accredited operating facility
- Is willing to spend the time to answer your questions
If you’re in the Austin, TX, area, Restora Austin meets and exceeds these essential qualifications.
Schedule a Consultation
When you’re found a few surgeons you’re interested in, the next step in the planning process is scheduling a consultation. Meeting with potential doctors in person allows you to decide if a surgeon is a good fit for you. Plastic surgery isn’t a one-size-fits-all experience, and you need a team that you feel comfortable with.
Paying for a Tummy Tuck: What Are My Options?
Plastic surgery is an investment, and like most investments, it may require some budgeting. The cost of a tummy tuck in Austin depends on many factors, including the type of surgery you’re getting, the extent of your procedure, and whether you’re receiving a traditional tummy tuck or our Tummy Tuck 360. We’ll provide detailed cost information at your consultation, so you can start planning to pay for your procedure. For your additional peace of mind, don’t forget to ask about our available financing and payment options.
Planning for Recovery After Tummy Tuck Surgery
We’ll handle all the details during your surgery, but you’ll want to do a little prep beforehand so you’re ready for recovery. Our patients do most of their healing at home.
Some of our favorite ways to plan for recovery after a tummy tuck include:
- Filling the fridge and freezer with nutritious, easy-to-prepare meals.
- Changing the sheets on your bed so they are fresh and clean.
- Arranging for help with child care if your tummy tuck is part of a mommy makeover.
- Finding someone to drive you to and from surgery.
- Filling prescriptions so they are ready and waiting at home after surgery.
- Clearing your schedule for a few days so you can focus on rest and recovery.
We are available throughout the recovery process and are here to help if you have questions or concerns.
Let’s start planning your tummy transformation. Call our office at (512) 371-8817 to schedule a consultation with one of our board-certified plastic surgeons. Virtual consultations are available.