Mini Tummy Tuck
Do you have a small amount of loose skin below your belly button?
A mini tummy tuck or mini abdominoplasty will work only if you have a small amount of loose skin and if it’s all located below your belly button. Ideal candidates will also have limited excess fat and little to no stretch marks. Unfortunately, most women aren’t a candidate for a mini tummy tuck, as pregnancy typically affects the upper and lower abdominal skin and the underlying muscles. Many women desire a mini tummy tuck because the incision is shorter, about the length of a C-section scar. A shorter scar is created because much less skin is removed. Also, there is no scar around the belly button since the mini tummy tuck only focuses on the lower part of the abdomen. Our surgeons won’t correct just the lower muscle laxity (below the belly button) because if you repair only the lower portion of the rectus diastasis, the upper portion, above the belly button to the sternum, will bulge even more because it is also weak. SAFELipo® is often performed along with a mini tummy tuck to recontour the upper abdomen and the lateral abdomen or hip area(s).
We want you to have the best result possible, so during your consultation, your surgeon will evaluate these critical factors:
- Quality of your skin:
- presence and location of stretch marks
- crepiness of your skin
- Diastasis of your rectus muscles, or how far apart the paired rectus muscles are stretched in the midline
- Excess fat; how much of it and where is it located?
- Presence of hernia(s), the most common being an umbilical hernia
These factors will determine which type of tummy tuck will give you the best result. Although the scar is slightly longer with a standard tummy tuck, in many patients, the trade off is more than worth it.
- Does not tighten loose skin above the belly button
- Muscle separation or rectus diastasis is not corrected
- Not all stretch marks can be removed
- Shorter scar
- No scar around the belly button
- Shorter recovery
If you are ready to rock your bikini with a flatter tummy, call 512.371.8817 today to schedule your consultation.