Bumps and Breathing: What Can a Rhinoplasty Fix?
Correcting both form and function, rhinoplasty can transform the nose’s appearance and improve your ability to breathe. What can rhinoplasty treat? Contact us to schedule a personalized consultation at Restora Austin Plastic Surgery Centre in Austin, TX. We’ll sit down with you, discuss your goals for treatment, and help you decide if rhinoplasty is the solution you’re seeking. Humps, bumps, wide nosese, breathing issues, and more can all be addressed through rhinoplasty.
Cosmetic Rhinoplasty- What Can It Treat?
If you’re unhappy with the appearance of your nose, cosmetic rhinoplasty may be right for you. Cosmetic rhinoplasty primarily addresses aesthetic concerns. There are many things we can change regarding the size, shape, and appearance of the nose. Many of our patients find that cosmetic rhinoplasty improves their overall appearance, not just the appearance of the nose, as it brings the facial features into better symmetry and harmony.
Are you unhappy with the appearance of your nose? Cosmetic rhinoplasty can:
- Resize the nose (larger or smaller)
- Remove humps, bumps, and depressions from the nasal bridge
- Resize or reshape the nostrils
- Change the appearance of the nasal tip (treating an upturned, bulbous, hooked, or droopy tip)
- Correct nasal asymmetry
- Change the width or length of the nose
If you dislike the appearance of your nose, odds are, rhinoplasty can help. Come in for a consultation to explore your options.
Functional Rhinoplasty- What Can It Treat?
Your breathing affects your health. Airway obstructions, including nasal obstructions, can cause uncomfortable symptoms including sinus infections, frequent headaches, new or worsening allergies, nosebleeds, bad breath, dry mouth, and noisy breathing. Functional rhinoplasty can help you to feel better and breathe easier by opening up the airway and removing obstructions. If you are experiencing any of the symptoms on this list, come see us to find out if function rhinoplasty can help.
Functional rhinoplasty can treat many common causes of nasal obstructions including:
- Deviated septum
- Enlarged turbinates
- Trauma from previous nasal injuries
- Functional issues arising from a previous rhinoplasty
Improve your breathing and improve your life. Come in for a consultation with Dr. Reid to find out if you’re a good candidate for functional rhinoplasty.
Cosmetic Rhinoplasty, Functional Rhinoplasty, or Both?
Rhinoplasty can change the appearance or function of your nose, and often does both. Dr. Reid uses a type of rhinoplasty known as “Structural Rhinoplasty”. Rather than removing large amounts of nasal tissue, structural rhinoplasty uses suturing techniques, judicious tissue removal, and other methods to reshape the nose. This preserves the nasal structure and helps to avoid many post-rhinoplasty complications that are seen in reductive rhinoplasty patients. Many of our cosmetic rhinoplasty patients report better breathing after surgery due to Dr. Reid’s use of structural rhinoplasty.
We can make aesthetic changes to your nose, correct breathing problems, and more using rhinoplasty. Come in for a consultation and we’ll create a surgical plan that addresses your specific needs, cosmetic, functional, or both.
Are you thinking about rhinoplasty? Call our offices to schedule your consultation with Dr. Reid at Restora Austin Plastic Surgery Centre. While you wait for your appointment, we’re answering top rhinoplasty questions below.
- Will I Have a Visible Scar After Rhinoplasty?– Dr. Reid usually uses an open rhinoplasty technique. A small incision is made across the columella, the strip of tissue that divides the nostrils. While this does require an exterior incision, it heals well and is almost invisible once the scar has fully matured. An open rhinoplasty technique provides greater access and visibility to the interior nasal structures. Better visibility means better, more consistent results.
- What Is Recovery Like After Rhinoplasty?- Rhinoplasty is a surgical procedure and does require a recovery period. You’ll need to wear a splint for a few days, but most patients do not require nasal packing. Plan on taking about a week off from work or school. Avoid strenuous activities for about three weeks and contact sports for six weeks.
- What Are the Risks of Rhinoplasty?- Like all surgical procedures, rhinoplasty does have some risks. We’ll discuss these in-depth during your rhinoplasty consultation. You can reduce your risks by choosing a skilled and experienced rhinoplasty surgeon like Dr. Reid.
- What Other Procedures Complement Rhinoplasty?- Rhinoplasty creates stunning results on its own or paired with other procedures. Many rhinoplasty patients have a weak chin and can benefit from chin augmentation. Rejuvenating facial procedures like blepharoplasty and brow lift surgery can also complement your rhinoplasty results.
Love your nose or change it. Rhinoplasty can address many common nasal concerns. Call us today to schedule your rhinoplasty consultation.